June is my favorite month of the year. It’s mine and my husband’s birthday month and it’s our anniversary. So much celebrating! Despite still mostly staying at home, it was a great month. I was able to read twelve books this month and for the most part, they were all amazing reads!
I noticed an interesting pattern with my reading this month. I had a few new (to me) authors that I started reading. I was so hooked after reading one book from each of them that I binge read quite a few of their other books. Do you ever get on reading kicks like that?
This month, I read books from Maddison Michaels, Paullett Golden, Susanna Craig, Janna MacGregor, Heather Moll, and Mimi Mathews. I’ve linked each one to their twitter account so we can see if they are authors you might want to read too. Ok, let’s get to the recap!
- The Devilish Duke by Maddison Michaels. Highly recommend! This was my first book my Michaels. I can’t wait for her to write more.
- A Dash of Romance by Paullett Golden. What more can I say… If you follow me at all you know I gush over every one of Paullett’s books. Definitely put this one on your summer reading list.
- The Companion’s Secret by Susanna Craig. After reading Who’s That Earl last month (my first book of hers) – I was hooked! I instantly went and purchased a stack of almost all the books she has written (easily justified by claiming I was buying myself birthday gifts 😉
- The Lady’s Deception by Susanna Craig. Yes, I was enjoying her writing so much I read back to back books by her.
- To Seduce A Stranger by Susanna Craig. Ok, It’s now a full-blown Susanna Craig love fest. lol
- The Bad Luck Bride by Janna MacGregor. I loved this story. It’s packed with adventure. Great sexy characters and lots of steam.
- His Choice of a Wife by Heather Moll. This might be shocking… but this was my first time dipping my toe into the waters of Jane Austen Fan Fiction. I know! I really enjoyed this story. -Warning- There is some steam in it so if you are an Austen purist this might not be the book for you. With that being said, I thought it fit perfectly with the story.
- Fair As A Star by Mimi Mathews. This was an arc of Mimi’s new novella. I enjoyed it but I do think so far Lost Letter is my favorite of all her novella’s
- The Lost Letter by Mimi Mathews. If you are a fan of Austen’s Persuasion, this is a must-read.
- The Work of Art by Mimi Mathews. I warned you that I was all in on a few authors this month! This book gave me all the feels, swoons, and had me reading the last sentence with a sigh. It took me a day to recover from finishing it. I never wanted it to end.
- Mr. Malcolm’s List by Suzanne Allain. Where to start with this gem! It’s fresh, funny and trope mocking. I definitely LOL’ed while reading. I’ve added the video below so you can check it out.
- The Modest Independence by Mimi Mathews. Alas, we come to the end. This one, sadly, fell short for me. I loved the travel aspects but I just couldn’t connect with the characters the way I had hoped. But, it won’t keep me from reading more Mathews.
Have you read any of these books? Or now that you have read the recap do you plan on putting any of them on you To Be Read list? I would love to know!
You can find the books listed above on my BookShop.Org shop here. I’ve also added links directly to the book title if it is only available on Amazon. If July is half as successful as June was, it’s going to be a great month! Happy reading, friends.
Don’t forget to check out my last book review on The Jane Austen Society here.